The Australian Government wants international students (500 student visa) in Australia to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding study experience. Australia's laws promote quality education and consumer protection for international students. These laws are known as the ESOS Framework and they include the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code 2018. All need to comply with the strict conditions of their visas while enrolled at the College.
As a Government Registered provider of International Education, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College works with and complies with this framework of legislation and law. The policies located on this page ensure that the College both supports your rights and makes clear your responsibilities as an International student in Australia.
The ESOS framework protects your rights, including:
- your right to receive current and accurate information about the courses, fees, modes of study and other information before enrolling
- your right to sign a written agreement with your provider before or as you pay fees, setting out the services to be provided, fees payable and information about refunds of course money. You should keep a copy of your written agreement with the College
- your right to get the education you paid for. The ESOS framework includes consumer protection that will allow you to receive a refund or to be placed in another course if your provider is unable to teach your course
As an overseas student on a student visa you must:
- satisfy your student visa conditions
- comply with the terms of the written agreement with OLSH College
- as attendance is recorded for your course, follow the OLSH Attendance Agreement
- seek permission from the College if you wish to transfer to another institution before you have completed six months of the principal course of study
The College is obliged to advise the Government if your enrolment status changes.
Application Process (PDF)
Accommodation Policy (PDF)
Attendance Agreement (PDF)
Catholic Education SA Resolving Complaints (PDF)
Transfer Request Policy (PDF)
Refund Policy (PDF)
Course Progress Policy (PDF)
Transfer Request Form (PDF)
Refund Request Form (PDF)